SEIS – Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
A refreshingly different approach – Focusing on you, your wealth and your future
Whatever your business size or sector, you’ll get a highly professional and comprehensive range of services.
SEED ENTERPRISE INVESTMENT SCHEMES FOR BIRMINGHAM AND KENSINGTON, LONDON
As an initiative setup by the Government, Start-up companies can receive help from the government in attracting new investment. Investors in start-up companies could claim 50% of their investment back through tax relief. The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) will allow investors who invest up to £100,000 to claim the 50% tax relief.
If you have a VAT query, the Morgan Reach VAT Services team will be happy to help you.
Other advantages are:
- If the investor makes any gains in the 2015/16 tax year, the tax can be deferred if the proceeds are invested in SEIS
- If the investment is held for at least 3 years, there is no tax to pay on any gain made
- The scheme should enable start-up companies to attract more investors by emphasising the tax advantages.
- Another point to mention to potential investors is that tax relief through SEIS may be more attractive than tax relief on pension contributions for 50% taxpayers (which are now limited).
- If the start-up company needs more than £150,000 (the total allowed for the company) there is still the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), which allows for 30% tax relief for the investor.
Morgan Reach team are to help you on journey so if you are a start-up looking for investment, please contact us so we can talk you through setting up SEIS or EIS.
Please contact us if you need further advice, have any questions about our accounting services or would like a free consultation. We have accountants ready to serve you in offices conveniently located in Birmingham and Kensington, London, UK.